Do You Need a Personal Trainer in Dubai?June 3, 2022
Dubai is a city that has people of different economic statutes, which means that finding the correct type of training that fits your budget and is effective might be tricky!
Having to spend a fortune on personal training is also one of the main reasons most people never start, or if they do, they give up after a few weeks as they usually can not sustain spending that amount of money for months.
In this blog, we want to discuss different ways to achieve your goals with or without the help of a personal trainer.
Here are the 4 main ways to start your fitness journey in Dubai!
Work 1 on 1 with a Dubai personal trainer
This service is usually the most expensive and can range between 2000-10000 depending on the person or company.
There are many benefits of working with a trainer in person:
- They can help you with your form to avoid injuries.
- Help you stay motivated as they push you.
- Create a program that is specifically made for your goals, fitness level, and schedule.
- You can learn a lot about working out and nutrition if you find a good one.
However, some of the cons might be:
- The sessions might be at odd times because you have to work around the trainer’s schedule.
- You might not feel comfortable working out in front of someone.
- You are usually tied into a contract which means that you have to keep paying even if you don’t see results or need to stop.
- This service is expensive for most people.
Work 1 on 1 with a Dubai personal trainer through online training
In this scenario, you would book a consultation with the personal trainer and discuss your goals and the time frame you want to achieve them. The trainer would perform an assessment and then provide you with a carefully curated workout program and nutrition plan. In this situation, I strongly suggest that you also hire the trainer for at least 2-5 sessions so that he can teach you how to execute the exercises correctly and effectively.
Pros of online personal training are:
- You can do it at a location most suitable for you.
- You have more control over when the sessions take place.
- It is usually cheaper than working with a trainer in person.
Cons of online personal training are:
- You need to be disciplined and dedicated as you will not have someone pushing you.
- You might not feel as accountable
- You need to make sure that the trainer you pick is experienced and has a good knowledge of working with people remotely.
Get your fitness goals via many excellent fitness classes in Dubai!
Dubai has a wide range of fitness classes that you can join depending on your goals and interests!
Fitness classes come with plenty of pros:
- You get to try out different workouts and find what you like the most.
- The classes usually have a fun atmosphere which helps with motivation
- It is way cheaper than personal training and, in many cases, more affordable than online training.
Some major cons of taking part in fitness classes are:
- They are not personalized for you or your specific goal.
- Classes might get fully booked if you don’t schedule them on time.
- Higher risk of injury as you might not have proper form.
Utilize free content online to get to your fitness goals!
This way of doing fitness is entirely free; however, it might be challenging to find quality and structured content online. Most fitness instructors will only release random workouts for free but then charge for their fully guided programs.
There are also some free apps, but they usually offer in-app purchases if you want guided programs.
However, there are some fantastic free options like the Fortius Fit and Nike training app. These apps offer a wide variety of workouts that you can do at home with little to no equipment!
Pros of using free training apps are:
- It is completely free!!
- Workouts can be done from anywhere.
- You have a lot of control over when you want to work out.
Cons of using free workout apps are:
- You need to be very disciplined as there is no one pushing you.
- You might not see results as you won’t have the nutrition aspect covered as you would have with a coach.
Now that we have looked at the pros and cons of the different ways to start your fitness journey in Dubai, it’s time to decide what is best for you.
Dubai is a great place to start your fitness journey as there are so many fantastic options available. Keep in mind that working with a personal trainer, either in person or online, will always give you the best and most effective results as it is tailored specifically for you.
However, if that is not an option for you right now, joining a fitness class might be the next best thing! Starting your journey with the help of a free app is also a great way to get started without spending any money.
No matter what route you decide to take, make sure that you are dedicated and consistent with your workouts, as that is the only way to see results! So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Do you have any tips on how to get started with fitness in Dubai? Let us know in the comments below!