7 Tips to Start a New WebsiteSeptember 22, 2022
Whether you run a grocery store, own a hardware store, or indulge in any business, having a website can help you get more customers and sales. As a web designing & development agency that has worked with many businesses to build a buzzing digital presence, we can help you with what it takes to design an appealing and engaging website.
If you are ready to give your brick & mortar business a great web presence, here are 7 tips for getting started and helping your business website compete in the competitive digital marketplace.
Get A Domain Name
A domain name is the website address visitors click to reach your website. Make sure to take a domain name that offers a good impression to attract users and support search engine optimization.
Here are some tips for getting the right domain name:
- Make sure it is easy to spell. Avoid using slang or vague words.
- Try to keep it short, as the same will be easier to remember.
- Use proper domain extensions like .com unless it is more appropriate to use another extension, such as .gov, .edu, or .org.
- Better not to use numbers and hyphens, as they are hard to remember.
- Ensure that the name is catchy and conveys meaning, making it easier for users to relate it to your business.
- Research the domain name you selected. Google it to check if there is already a similar website address to avoid trademark conflicts.
- Make sure that the domain name is available at a reasonable price.
- Create an SEO-friendly URL to boost your business visibility.
Purchase A Scalable and Secure Website Hosting
From a website hosting provider, you can access the technology and services required for a website to run on the internet. With the help of Digital marketing services, you connect the domain name to the hosting provider to make users reach the website you store on your hosting account.
Here are some tips for choosing a good website hosting plan:
It will cost you little per month as you share the server and its resources with other customers, but the same can negatively impact your site’s performance. Additionally, if any other site on the shared server gets hacked, your site will also suffer.
It is an expensive option but will make your site perform at its best. The entire server will be dedicated to your site with a dedicated server plan, making the plan more secure than a shared hosting plan.
Virtual Private Server
It offers the best of both worlds. The server is affordable and offers security and performance like a dedicated server hosting plan.
Whatever hosting server you choose, ensure that the hosting offers phone/chat support to help you immediately if you face any trouble. Also, there should be an easy-to-use server interface like cPanel to access the server. This will allow you to view your server contents and make amendments as required.
Check that you access your server via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). It enables you to take daily backups and install Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to keep the servers safe from hacks and other security breaches.
Display A Precise Description Of Your Business
It is important to inform the target audience about your brand, product, and services. Ensure that the homepage banners perfectly represent your services and give people a fair idea about your business.
In addition, make sure both your main and footer navigation menus have “About Us” page links to make it easier for visitors to navigate and know more about your business.
Put The Best Content Management System
A content management system (CMS) helps users create and manage digital content. With a good CMS in place, you can easily maintain your site without having much technical knowledge. You should choose a CMS that meets your unique needs. There are different systems in the market for different reasons, such as user-friendliness, scalability, and budget, like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Squarespace, Wix, etc.
Optimize The Website For Search Engines
SEO helps your website to rank appropriately on search engines. It boosts your site’s visibility and makes it easier for the target audience to find your business.
SEO includes the following practices:
- Keyword research & implementation
- Website on-page & off-page optimization
- Making site load faster
- Installing an SSL certificate to upgrade security
- Making the site mobile-friendly
- Building high-quality backlinks that lead to your site
- Adding positive reviews online (Google, Yelp, Facebook, etc.)
- Using internal links on all web pages to keep people engaged
- Adding social media links
SEO is a critical ongoing process that works on showing your website on the first page of search engine results pages.
Publish Quality Content Daily
Search engines appreciate informative, engaging, unique, and fresh content. Therefore, publishing quality content like articles or blogs on your website regularly or frequently can help the site rank higher in search engines. By posting frequently, you can also ensure that the users will revisit your site for more informational content.
While creating the content, ensure that your content uses an appropriate, on-brand tone that people can resonate with and enjoy reading.
A Website Maintenance Plan Is A Must
The internet world is full of hackers looking for loopholes to breach your site and interpret the data for their benefit. That’s why maintaining website security has become a critical thing. Therefore, businesses often use the Dest digital marketing agency to maintain their website.
Here are some tips for creating a website maintenance plan:
- Check Webmaster Tools data at least once a month to resolve errors in real time.
- Utilize traffic data to understand your audience better and serve them better.
- Ensure all software is up to date.
- Use performance data to optimize and fix warnings and errors.
- Run security scans to reduce the chances of hacks.
- Find the latest and proven ways to market your business online.
- Allow users to provide feedback to improve the site’s performance.
- Always keep an eye on the competition to see what they are doing and what is working for them well.
- Ensure taking back up your site in multiple ways at frequent intervals.
Creating a business website is not as easy as it may seem. That’s why approaching the best website designing company can be your best bet. Still, the tips above will greatly help if you want to DIY.
We believe the tips mentioned above will help you create a business website that can bring the best outcomes in the coming time. Still, if you have any doubts or need help, let us know in the comment section below.https://apnewstime.com/